One of RD Burman's most famous soundtracks, containing the quintessential Bollywood cabaret number 'Piya Tu Ab To Aja', sung by Asha Bhosle and performed on screen by the incomparable Helen. Song and scene both are awesome; elaborately arranged and staged, catchy, full of subtle (and not so subtle) eroticism - a classic. And a lot of you will know it already.
The question is then, how's the rest of 'Caravan'? Well, not all that exciting to be honest. Most of it is traditional, and unmemorable (and no, I'm not equating those two things). Both 'Ham To Hain Rahi Dil Ke' and 'Daiya Yeh Main Kahan Phasi' have their moments, but the only other track that's really worth mentioning is the lovely 'Ab To Mile Hai'. My kind of campfire singing.
1. Asha Bhosle & Rahul Dev Burman: Piya Tu Ab To Aja
2. Mohd. Rafi & Asha Bhosle: Goria Kahan Tear Desh
3. Lata Mangeshkar: Dilbar Dil Se Pyare
4. Lata Mangeshkar & Mohd. Rafi: Chadhati Jawani Meri Chal Mastani
5. Lata Mangeshkar & Mohd. Rafi: Kitna Pyara Wada
6. Asha Bhosle: Ab To Mile Hai
7. Kishore Kumar: Ham To Hain Rahi Dil Ke
8. Asha Bhosle: Daiya Yeh Main Kahan Phasi
To celebrate the new decade, I'm throwing in a Burman bonus. Happy new year!