One more before the end of the year; a worthwhile if uneven Bappi Lahiri score. It's from before his disco period, yet does contain signs of what was to come - especially noticeable on the title track. Both the synth-line at the beginning and the 'I love you' chorus in the middle are from Donna Summer's 'I Feel Love'; to Bappi's credit though, borrowing bits from the now classic electro anthem was probably still a novel idea in 1977.
'College Girl' is otherwise noteworthy for the 2 tracks sung by the composer himself. 'Please Dear Please' has a frantic conga-driven beat and edgy guitar playing, but is somewhat lacking in melody. His mod-soul/proto-disco take on 'In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida' (with a touch of 'Wild Thing') however is fab. There are countless reasons for such an undertaking to go wrong, yet amazingly he pulls it off; 'Everybody Dance With Me' is great fun!
1. Bappi Lahiri: Everybody Dance With Me
2. Kishore Kumar: College Girl 'I Love You'
3. Kishore Kumar: Pyar Maanga Hai Tumheen Se
4. Mohd. Rafi: Phoolon Ki Tarah
5. Yesudas & Chandrani Mukerjee: Nahin Chahiye Rang Mahal
6. Bappi Lahiri: Please Dear Please
7. Mahinder Kapoor: Jab Se Bana Hoon Dulha