Here's one I quite like, despite it having been made long after what I consider the essential (interesting even) era of Bollywood music ended. And by a composing duo I know nothing about (apparently they weren't very prolific). 'Shahenshah' has an intensity and sense of drama which appeals to me... parts of it I find not entirely dissimilar to Laxmikant Pyarelal's 'Karz'. In spirit anyway; 'Andheri Raaton Mein' and 'Jaane De Mujhe Jaana Hai' being cases in point.
All tracks here are worth a listen or two - coolest/cheesiest is Asha's 'Hey You'. Check it out.
1. Kishore Kumar & Chorus: Andheri Raaton Mein
2. Lata Mangeshkar & Kishore Kumar: Hoga Thanedar Too
3. Mohd. Aziz: O Bahena (Sad)
4. Lata Mangeshkar & Mohd. Aziz: Jaane De Mujhe Jaana Hai
5. Mohd. Aziz: O Bahena
6. Asha Bhosle & Chorus: Hey You