I bought 'Goonj' on the back of the previous one... based on some ridiculous notion of winning streaks; that I'd lucked out with one late 80s disco album so here might be another. Which of course is utter bollocks.
As is this soundtrack. Once upon a time, Biddu produced 'Kung Fu Fighting' and wrote a couple of Tina Charles hits. Subsequently he co-scored 'Qurbani' with Kalyanji Anandji. It probably all went down hill from there. (The other fellas I have no idea who are. Don't think I'll bother finding out.)
Sterile, pappy pop, and disco as bad as it gets; devoid of anything much resembling funk or groove - it doesn't even make you wanna dance. To boot, 'Love Technology' includes one of the worst raps you'll ever hear.
(And to add insult to injury, they throw a few of the songs at you twice...)
The only way is up from here.
1. Binjoo Ali & Hema Sardesai: Sama Ye Suhana
2. Binjoo Ali, Hema Sardesai & Abhijeet: Jawani Ke Din Hai
3. Manna Dey: Jo Goonje Wohi Dilki Awaz
4. Electra & Biddu: Love Technology
5. Binjoo Ali & Abhijeet: Soota Lagao Yaaron
6. Electra & Biddu: Love Technology
7. Binjoo Ali & Hema Sardesai: Sama Ye Suhana