Three words: 'Nothing Is Impossible'. I'm almost tempted to leave this write-up at that; I reckon it's what Bappi Lahiri was thinking when scoring the centerpiece of 'Zakhmee'. Years before he became the king of cheesy disco, he took Burmanesque cabaret, garage rock and lounge, threw it all into a pot, mashed it up, turned everything inside out, and proceeded to record the resulting crazyness during a wild, drunken party. By the sound of it anyway. The loopiest Bollywood track I know of; it's fabulous!
And it might make it easy to overlook the rest of the album. Which would be a shame, as that means you'd miss out on (and I wouldn't get the chance to post the videos to) great songs like 'Abhi Abhi Thi Dushmani' and 'Jalta Hai Jiya Mera'. So don't.
1. Lata Mangeshkar: Abhi Abhi Thi Dushmani
2. Kishore Kumar, Mohd. Rafi, Bappi Lahiri & Chorus: Nothing Is Impossible
3. Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle: Jalta Hai Jiya Mera
4. Kishore Kumar & Chorus: Dil Men Holi Jal Rahi Hai
5. Lata Mangeshkar & Sushama Shreshta: Aao Tumhen Chand Pe Lejayen