Another playback singer compilation; a collection of ghazals sung by Mohd. Rafi. "Ghazal" is a term relating more to lyrical than musical content, but it comes as no surprise that these are, to a large extent, low key, traditional sounding songs. I know that many who follow the blog have, like me, a fondness for the stuff Rafi did with Shankar Jaikishan (especially), those cool jazz or high energy rock 'n' roll numbers; there are however no 'Jan Pahechan Ho's here.
But it's an album worth attention nonetheless. Lots of lovely songs; 'Ab Kya Misal Doon', 'Husna Wale Tera' (I love the glockenspiel sound) and 'Tero Pyari Pyari' (which is Shankar Jaikishan) are current favourites. There's something warm and reassuring about Rafi's voice on everything here. I like it.
This is the first in a five day series of Rafi LPs. Sort of by popular demand.
1. Chaudhvin Ka Chand (from Chaudhvin Ka Chand)
2. Teri Zulphonse Judai (from Jab Pyar Kisi Se Hota Hai)
3. Ab Kya Misal Doon (from Aarti)
4. Dil Men Chhupake (from Aan)
5. Ye Aansoo Mere (from Hamrahi)
6. Jo Baat Tujhme Hai (from Taj Mahal)
7. Nahin Bhoolegi Woh (from Barsaat Ki Raat)
8. Husna Wale Tera (from Gharana)
9. Ham Bekhudi Men (from Kalapani)
10. Teri Pyari Pyari (from Sasural)
11. Zindagi Aaj (from Son Of India)
12. Hum Ko Tumhare (from Ek Musafir Ek Hasina)