"Mind melting jazzy psych-ish soundtrack by Burman"... is how 'Mere Jeevan Saathi' was once described on eBay. I'm not sure I get it though... I've played this a number of times, and apart from 'Kitne Sapne Kitne Arman' which I think is pretty cool, it's a soundtrack that fails to ignite me. I mean, it's not bad (hey, it's Burman after all), it just never really seems to get beyond OK. A few nice details in the instrumentation (opening seconds of 'Diwana Karke Chhodoge' for example), but that's it - the songs mostly leave me less than satisfied. A far cry from mind melting.
Am I wrong?
1. Kishore Kumar: Diwana Leke Aaya Hai
2. Asha Bhosle: Aao Na Gale Lag Jao Na
3. Kishore Kumar: Aao Kanhai Mere Dham
4. Kishore Kumar: Chala Jata Hoon
5. Kishore Kumar: O Mere Dil Ke Chain
6. Lata Mangeshkar & Kishore Kumar: Diwana Karke Chhodoge
7. Kishore Kumar: Kitne Sapne Kitne Arman