Getting back to regular posts though, here's 'Kabhi Kabhie' - a massively popular soundtrack from a most successful film. Hauntingly beautiful songs, exquisite arrangements, soulful lyrics, one of music director Khaiyyaam's finest achievements, a Bollywood masterpiece!
Or so everyone seems to be saying.
Me on the other hand (seldom willing to concede to popular opinion), I find this album very dull! Now I obviously can't comment on the lyrics or any poetry contained within - or how much of a selling point they might be - but come on, isn't the music on this just really bland? Yeah, maybe you can objectively describe the title track and a couple of others as pretty, sort of... but only in an overtly sentimental, saccharine and sleep inducing way though... no?
Tell me, what am I missing here? Why is this a classic?
1. Lata Mangeshkar & Mukesh: Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Mein Khayal Aata Hai
2. Mukesh: Main Pal Do Pal Ka Shair Boon
3. Lata Mangeshkar & Kishore Kumar: Tere Chehere Se Nazar Nahin Hatati
4. Amitabh Bachchan: Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Mein Khayal Aata Hai
5. Lata Mangeshkar & Kishore Kumar: Tera Phoolon Jaisa Rang
6. Mukesh: Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Mein Khayal Aata Hai
7. Lata Mangeshkar: Mere Ghar Ayee Ek Nanhi Pari
8. Mukesh: Main Har Ek Pal Ka Shair Hoon
9. Lata Mangeshkar: Surkh Jodeki Yeh Jagmagahat
10. Kishore Kumar: Pyar Kar Liya To Kya