By popular demand (well, one request); a couple of R.D. Burman EPs. 'Adhikar' has a quite good beat-tinged number in 'Fashion Ki Diwani', with the remaining tracks more traditional - nice but nothing spectacular. 'Rani Mera Nam' - the film something of a rarity I think, looking like the sort of sleazy exploitation flick I'd probably love to see - is more pleasing. 'Andhera' is the highlight; a great nightclub number with an uptempo intro and a cool jazzy feel throughout. 'Hum Bhi Jhoote' is more poppy, full of wonderful Burman trademark details. And there are lovely bouncy rhythms on the last two as well.
BTW, I think the songs on these EPs are shortened - the fadeouts seem to be coming a lot sooner than they're supposed to. Which is a shame...
Track listing, 'Adhikar':
1. Manna Dey: Fashion Ki Diwani
2. Asha Bhosle: Tum To Ho Sab Ke Rakhwale
3. Mohd. Rafi: Rekha O Rekha
4. Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle: Koyi Mane Ya Na Mane
Track listing, 'Rani Mera Nam':
1. Asha Bhosle: Andhera
2. Asha Bhosle & Manna Dey: Sare Jag Se
3. Asha Bhosle: Ruk Ja
4. Asha Bhosle: Hum Bhi Jhoote