1973 appears to have been a good year for SD Burman. I posted his excellent 'Jugnu' a little while ago; 'Chhupa Rustam' [review]  is of a similar vein. 'Jo Main Hota' is its first highlight, fresh and joyous, followed by the groovy 'Bolo Kya Ham Ko Doge'. Things are subsequently toned down a bit; Kishore's evocative 'Dheere Se Jana' and Lata's haunting 'Suno Suno Suno' are both lovely. My personal favourite though is Asha's sexy 'Jaloon Main Jale Mera Dil'; it was featured on a compilation of cabaret numbers but it doesn't actually look like one. Regardless, it's fantastic. And rounding off, 'Main Hoon Chhui Mui' has a cool and laidback jazzy vibe.
Unfortunately my copy of this album is somewhat trashed; I've cleaned as much as I can but you'll hear a bit of background noise on tracks 4-7. I'll be looking for an upgrade and will certainly post that should I find one.
1. Manna Dey & Chorus: Chhupa Rustam Hain
2. Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle: Jo Main Hota
3. Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle: Bolo Kya Ham Ko Doge
4. Kishore Kumar: Dheere Se Jana
5. Lata Mangeshkar: Suno Suno Suno
6. Asha Bhosle: Jaloon Main Jale Mera Dil
7. Asha Bhosle: Main Hoon Chhui Mui