Since rebooting MFT3F (after the initial project was finished) the aim has been to only obtain Bollywood soundtracks that I know or at least think I'll like. Inevitably though, the odd mispurchase will sometimes occur. Like with 'Barsaat Ki Ek Raat'. In my defense it was part of larger lot I recently acquired; I probably wouldn't have given this soundtrack much thought otherwise. Or I'd have at least checked it out first. Because truth be told, it's a bit of a dud.
The melodies are forgettable and the arrangements mostly uninteresting. A cool synth and flute based intro gives hope for 'Haye Wo Pardeshi', and it's by far the best song on the album, but still a bit underwhelming. At least when you know what RD Burman was capable of. One of his lesser known soundtracks for a reason I guess; one for the completists.
1. Kishore Kumar & Lata Mangeshkar: Apne Pyar Ke Sapne
2. Lata Mangeshkar: Nadiya Kinare Pe
3. Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle & Chorus: Manchali O Manchali
4. Kishore Kumar: Kaliram Ka Dhol
5. Lata Mangeshkar: Haye Wo Pardeshi