A few more soundtracks have come my way since last I posted. 'Roti' [review] had been on my want list for quite a while; I'd forgotten why, but it didn't take many listens to remind me it was all due to the instrumentals. Three of them, and they're excellent. The first is freaked-out blaxploitation music enhanced by wild percussion, the second is a lovely strummed Morricone interlude, harmonica and all, and the 'Title Music' is what Laxmikant Pyarelal used to be really good at; utilizing the full orchestra to create a stirring sense of drama… foreboding, dangerous (and I have no idea if that is at all appropriate to the film).
A big thank you to Jim Stephenson for gifting me this LP.
2. Kishore Kumar: Yeh Public Hai
3. Lata Mangeshkar & Kishore Kumar: Gore Rang Pe Itna Gumaan Na Kar
4. Kishore Kumar: Yaar Hamari Baat Suno
6. Title Music
8. Lata Mangeshkar: Phoolon Ke Saath
9. Kishore Kumar: Naach Meri Bulbul