Following on from last week's Burman soundtracks that weren't very good, here's one that is... with apologies for the delay to whoever it was I promised 'Dhongee' more than a year ago.
Two tracks highlight this score, 'Dil Chhina Chain Churaya' and 'Hai Re Hai Tera Ghunghta'. Both are drum/percussion based, very rhythmic (syncopated and tribal sounding respectively), giving them a more ethnic feel than a lot of R.D's output from the period (the stuff I tend to like anyway)... heavy grooves. With plenty of tasty details in the arrangements to flesh them out; excellent stuff indeed, worth grabbing. (Meri Bahena O Meri Bahena' and 'One, Two, Three, Go' are also nice).
I remember almost passing up on this LP when I first came across it; the cover was a bit tattered. I'm glad I reconsidered... especially since it hardly ever turns up anymore.
1. Asha Bhosle: Dil Chhina Chain Churaya
2. Kishore Kumar: Meri Bahena O Meri Bahena
3. Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle: One, Two, Three, Go
4. Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle: Hai Re Hai Tera Ghunghta
5. Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle & Amit Kumar: Woh Hai Ek Bahroopiya