Here's one that's been requested a few times lately; quite rightly so as it's a good score. SD Burman composing and RD Burman arranging; frequently a winning combination. And 'Talash' is no exception.
'Kitni Akeli' is my current favourite track; a lovely lounge-jazz number sung by Lata. Asha's two contributions are ace as well: 'Mera Kya Sanam' (very reminsicent of some other song... anyone?) is bouncy pop with a slight Latin twist, and 'Kar Le Pyar' is one of those wonderfully sexy sounding cabaret numbers you instinctively know will be performed by Helen on screen. And that's hardly ever bad.
Also worth mentioning is that the soundtrack features SD singing one of his own songs. Which I think he might have done on occasion; 'Meri Duniya Hai Maa' is however the only one I've heard.
1. Sachin Dev Burman: Meri Duniya Hai Maa
2. Lata Mangeshkar: Kitni Akeli
3. Lata Mangeshkar, Mohd. Rafi & Chorus: Aaj Ko Junili Raat Ma
4. Asha Bhosle & Mahendra Kapoor: Mera Kya Sanam
5. Asha Bhosle: Kar Le Pyar
6. Lata Mangeshkar & Mohd. Rafi: Palkon Ke Peechhe Se
7. Lata Mangeshkar: Khai Hai Re Hamne Qasam
8. Manna Dey: Tere Naina Talash Karen