More Kalyanji Anandji, pre-prime this time. Or at least pre-funk. 'Yaadgar' is still a reasonably good effort from them - it has a great cabaret number in 'Baharon Ka Hai Mela': Masala beat in a Shankar Jaikishan vein, jazz-tinged rock'n'roll, playful, infectious, fun. The lovely 'Jis Path Pe Chala' is worth a mention (and a listen), in addition to 'Woh Khet Men Milega' after its first few (dull) minutes; that's when the cool rhythm kicks in. 'Ek Tara Bole' has an OK backbeat; I might have liked it more if it didn't go on forever.
1. Mahendra Kapoor & Chorus: Ek Tara Bole
2. Lata Mangeshkar: Jis Path Pe Chala
3. Mahendra Kapoor & Chorus: Woh Khet Men Milega
4. Mahendra Kapoor & Chorus: Boli Sawan Ki Raat
5. Asha Bhosle & Chorus: Baharon Ka Hai Mela