I blame blaxploitation.com for this one. One of my favourite websites of yore, their list and capsule reviews of funky soundtracks was a great source of inspiration as well as shopping guide, and a 4 out of 5 rating is what induced me to buy it. Most of the time they could be counted on. Not always though.
'Badle Ki Aag' isn't very good. 'Jawani Men Aate Hain Daur Char', the disco selling-point of the album, isn't funky at all aside from a bit in the intro. Sure, you can dance to it, if you like your dance music formulaic and tacky; I usually don't. 'Yaar Mera Chikana Ghada' just about manages to hold my attention for an entire listen, otherwise this score is a humdrum effort.
I'd have given it a 2.
1. Kishore Kumar, Mahendra Kapoor & Suresh Wadkar: Main Jis Mehfil Men
2. Asha Bhosle, Suresh Wakdar, Purnima & Chorus: Yaar Mera Chikana Ghada
3. Lata Mangeshkar: Tum Samne Ho
4. Suresh Wadkar, Alka Yagnik, Amit Kumar, Anuradha & Chorus: Jawani Men Aate Hain Daur Char
5. Asha Bhosle: Teri Mehfil Men
6. Asha Bhosle & Mahendra Kapoor: Main Bewafa Nahin