This one's famous. It's also, if not necessarily jaw droppingly amazing, pretty good fun. With a lot of variety... from the melodious Latin-flavoured easy-pop of 'Main Shair To Nahin', via Punjabi poet/singer Narendra Chanchal's traditional (and excellent) 'Beshak Mandir Masjid Todo', to the manic, bass-laden cabaret number 'Ae Phansa' - as good as that gets without the usually unbeatable combination of Asha singing and Helen performing (I think it's Aruna Irani doing the honours here; I quite like her).
'Bobby' [review] also contains chirpy duets ('Mujhe Kuchh Kahna Hai'), a bit of mock Mariachi ('Na Mangun Sona Chandi'), a great dance number ('Jhoot Bole Kauva Kate' - which I probably like better with the visuals than without), and more. So lots going on, definitely worthwhile. (If you need a second opinion, read Parties, Sarees & Melodies' take on the album.)
Many of you will of course be aware of the highly revered and much sought after instrumental LP 'Soul Of Bobby' - on which Laxmikant Pyarelal took the film's background music and transformed it into two side-long suites. That one is jaw droppingly amazing! And I'd post it if I had it, but I don't (VERY high up on my want list though) - head instead over to Eastern Eye for some tasty tasters.
1. Shailendra Singh: Main Shair To Nahin
2. Lata Mangeshkar & Shailendra Singh: Mujhe Kuchh Kahna Hai
3. Chanchal: Beshak Mandir Masjid Todo
4. Lata Mangeshkar & Shailendra Singh: Chabi Kho Jae
5. Manna Dey, Shailendra Singh & Chorus: Na Mangun Sona Chandi
6. Lata Mangeshkar & Shailendra Singh: Jhoot Bole Kauva Kate
7. Lata Mangeshkar: Ankhiyon Ko Rahne De
8. Lata Mangeshkar: Ae Phansa
PS. This just in: Yet another 'Bobby' version here, again courtesy of Parties, Sarees & Melodies.