And more. Same composer, same year (same almost-impossible-to-scan-decently cover), similar sound. Much of what I said below goes for 'Shaan' [review] as well... a treasure chest of weird, wild and wonderful sounds (and mixtures thereof); a gold mine for DJs looking for samples. Choice cuts: 'Doston Se Pyar Kiya', a John Barry-esque disco stomper featuring Usha Uthup* in what would have been Shirley Bassey's role had this been a James Bond song; and 'Pyar Karnewale', an ace electro-driven Asha Bhosle number backed by wah wah guitars, echoey horns and loads more groovy details.
Not as consistent as 'Rocky', but still a very worthwhile soundtrack.
1. Usha Uthup: Doston Se Pyar Kiya
2. Mohd. Rafi: Naam Abdul Hai Mera
3. Lata Mangeshkar & Asha Bhosle: Mittua
4. Mohd. Rafi, Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle & Usha Mangeshkar: Janu Meri Jaan
5. Asha Bhosle: Pyar Karnewale
6. Mohd. Rafi, R.D. Burman & Chorus: Yamma Yamma
7. Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle, Usha Mangeshkar & Chorus: Dariya Mein Jahaz Chale
* Listening to the Usha Uthup track, I remembered I have an album of hers where she covers Western disco and pop hits of the late 70s, among them her famous take on 'Don't Stop Till You Get Enough' - I'm adding it as a bonus.