It's been ages since I've posted Sachin Dev Burman, so two of his next, both excellent. They're in fact as much Rahul Dev Burman as they are S.D. though; apparently Burman sr. wasn't very fond of the 'modern' sounds increasingly being implemented into Bollywood music, so instead he called on his son to help out when songs in such a vein were required. Which they must have been on 'Sharmilee' [review].
'Reshmi Ujala Hai' (my fave) is pure R.D.; cool jazzy beats, guitars, tempo changes, a sexy Asha Bhosle vocal – magic! 'Megha Chhaye Adhi Raat' is gorgeous Indian pop, alternating between modern and traditional. 'O Meri Sharmilee' is bouncy and fun, 'Khilte Hain Gul Yahan' (I like Lata's version best) is lovely - in short, a keeper!
1. Kishore Kumar: Khilte Hain Gul Yahan
2. Lata Mangeshkar: Megha Chhaye Adhi Raat
3. Kishore Kumar: O Meri Sharmilee
4. Kishore Kumar: Kaise Kahen Hum
5. Lata Mangeshkar: Khilte Hain Gul Yahan
6. Asha Bhosle: Reshmi Ujala Hai
7. Kishore Kumar & Lata Mangeshkar: Aaj Madhosh Hua Jaye