'Mera Naam Chin Chin Chu' is a track it seems almost everyone has heard, or seen... it's one of those ubiquitous classics with a universal appeal, a superbly captivating example of cheerful Bollywood-style proto-rock 'n' roll that's impossible to dislike, and there's always going to be someone sharing the YouTube clip. Can you blame them?
And on screen, it was 19-year-old actress-dancer Helen's big breakthrough...
The rest of 'Howrah Bridge' [review] is good too. The King of Rhythm O.P. Nayyar lives up to his moniker; these are peppy songs with quirky beats and bundles of charm. At the moment I like 'Aaiye Meharban' and 'Eent Ki Dukki Paan Ka Ikka' best, but it's really an album to enjoy all the way through.
Happy holidays y'all!
1. Geeta Dutt: Mera Naam Chin Chin Chu
2. Asha Bhosle: Aaiye Meharban
3. Asha Bhosle & Mohd. Rafi: Dekh Ke Teri Nazar
4. Asha Bhosle & Mohd. Rafi: Gora Rang Chunariya Kali
5. Asha Bhosle: Yeh Kya Kar Dala Tune
6. Mohd. Rafi: Eent Ki DUkki Paan Ka Ikka
7. Asha Bhosle & Mohd. Rafi: Mohabbat Ka Haath Jawani Ka Pala
8. Shamshad Begum & Mohd. Rafi: Main Jaan Gayi Tujhe Sainya
9. Title Music