'Kasme Vaade' is another one of those RD Burman soundtracks that’s impossible to dislike yet difficult to get really excited by. The songs are kind of nice; 'Kasme Vaade Nibhayenge Hum', 'Gum Sum Kyon Hai' and 'Aati Rahengi Baharen' are poppy and pleasant, 'Mile Jo Kadi Kadi' has a likeable groove (traditional, not Western) and 'Kal Kya Hoga' is a typically Burmanesque mishmash of styles and themes. So what’s wrong then? I’m not sure. It’s hard to explain… perhaps there’s just not enough passion. I have no idea what RD’s brief (or mindset) was for this one, and I may be wrong but I get the sense of it being created on autopilot. It sounds adequate; not particularly great, but good enough.
And is that really good enough?
1. Lata Mangeshkar & Kishore Kumar: Kasme Vaade Nibhayenge Hum
2. Lata Mangeshkar & Kishore Kumar: Kasme Vaade Nibhayenge Hum (Part 2)
3. Asha Bhosle: Gum Sum Kyon Hai
4. Kishore Kumar, Mohd. Rafi & Asha Bhosle: Mile Jo Kadi Kadi
5. Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar, Amit Kumar: Aati Rahengi Baharen
6. Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar & Amit Kumar: Aati Rahengi Baharen (Part 2)
7. R.D. Burman & Chorus: Kal Kya Hoga
8. Asha Bhosle & Anand Kumar: Pyar Ke Rang Se