I was a bit unsure of what to expect from this album. I haven't come across many Rajesh Roshan soundtracks, and with one exception I've been unimpressed with the few I've heard. I was however very much taken with the song 'Jab Chaye' from 'Lootmar', which I first heard as part of tributes paid to the film's director/star Dev Anand on his passing a few years ago. It's a terrific and gloriously catchy disco stomper; relentless drumming, swirling strings, psychedelic flourishes; not entirely dissimilar to Bappi Lahiri at his funky best. (Various remakes and remixes on YouTube would suggest it's still popular). I quickly sought out and obtained a copy of the album, optimistically hoping it would include more of the same.
Unfortunately, it doesn't. The remaining tracks are in fact quite unremarkable. I expect opinions may differ on this though.
1. Asha Bhosle: Jab Chaye
2. Kishore Kumar, Varsha Bhosle & Shivangi Kolhapure: Hans Too Hardam
3. Lata Mangeshkar: Main Aur Too
4. Lata Mangeshkar & Kishore Kumar: Aaj Ka Din
5. Lata Mangeshkar: Paas Ho Tum
6. Kishore Kumar & Mahmood: Piya Ham
7. Lata Mangeshkar & Chorus: Hans To Hardam