The odd thing I found when researching 'Paapi' [review]  on the Internet is that it's usually dated 1977, suggesting there was an unusually long lapse between the recording of the soundtrack (I had to double check the date on the LP) and the release of the film. I wasn't able to find out why (anyone?) but, as will be apparent from the next album to be posted here, it wasn't the only time this happened.
Anyway… pre-disco Bappi Lahiri, that's usually good. And there are a couple of cracking tunes on this. 'Aa Jaan-E-Jaan' is summery pop with a lovely melody, Latin flourishes and great wah-wah guitar bits, and 'Come On Come On' is a seductively sexy cool-jazz ballad featuring the sultry voice of Ranu Mukherjee whom some of you will remember from the 'Call Girl' soundtrack. Things peter out a wee bit after these two, admittedly, but the Lata tracks 'Bol Sajna', 'Pyar Hai Gunah' and 'Shama Jale' all seem to be rapidly growing on me. So all in all then, a very worthwhile score.
1. Lata Mangeshkar: Aa Jaan-E-Jaan
2. Ranu Mukherjee & Lona: Come On Come On
3. Mahendra Kapoor & Chorus: Bolo Bolo Re Bhaiya
4. Mahendra Kapoor: Jeevan Bhi Badnam
5. Doha & Humming
6. Lata Mangeshkar: Bol Sajna
7. Lata Mangeshkar: Pyar Hai Gunah
8. Mohd. Rafi: Kaisa Hai Naseeb
9. Lata Mangeshkar: Shama Jale