I didn't plan on this one. I had presumptively pegged 'Pasand Apni Apni' as a dime-a-dozen, bland, mid-80s Bappi Lahiri soundtrack not really worth bothering with. And it was Sharon Prabhakar I was looking for YouTube clips of (having rather liked her on 'Qurbani In English) when I came across 'Ding Dong Ding Dong'. It took me by surprise that I couldn't stop playing it; that wasn't supposed to happen. But it's such a good track; funky, uplifting, and irresistibly infectious. I couldn't get it out of my head.
Additionally, since obtaining the LP, I've found myself humming 'Kiske Pyar Men' quite often. I realize it's a shameless rip-off from Ann Peebles' 'I Can't Stand The Rain', especially as covered by Eruption, but despite me usually being a bit critical of that sort of thing, I've let it pass this time. Simply because the result is lovely.
And it turns out, so is 'Aesa To Socha Na Tha'. I thought I already had all the Bappi Lahiri I needed...
1. Asha Bhosle: Kiske Pyar Men
2. Shailendra Singh, Shakti Thakur & Chorus: Are Woh Dene Wala
3. Asha Bhosle: Aesa To Socha Na Tha
4. Asha Bhosle: Gayi Kahe Ko Main
5. Asha Bhosle & Suresh Wadkar: Tum Jo Mile Ho
6. Sharon Prabhakar & Chorus: Ding Dong Ding Dong