'April Fool' is a relatively new acquisition; it's an album I never considered an essential purchase (for reasons long forgotten) but then a real cheap copy came my way so I figured, why not?
It's not bad actually... while not on par with some of Shankar Jaikishan's great rock'n'roll moments from a year or two down the line, it does contain elements of what was to come: 'Aa Gale Lag Ja' has a loungy ballroom feel to it, but driven by frenetic strumming, and the fun and lively 'Mera Naam Rita Christina' includes twangy guitar bits scattered throughout. 'Kehdo Kehdo Jahanse Kehdo' has elements of country & western, rhythmically anyway, in addition to some nice sax interludes. Worth a listen.
And it just dawned on me, this post is 25 days late.
1. Title Music
2. Mohd. Rafi: Aa Gale Lag Ja
3. Lata Mangeshkar: Mera Naam Rita Christina
4. Mohd. Rafi & Suman Kalyanpur: Tujhe Pyar Karte Nain
5. Mohd. Rafi: Meri Muhabat Pak Muhabat
6. Mohd. Rafi & Suman Kalyanpur: Kehdo Kehdo Jahanse Kehdo
7. Lata Mangeshkar: Unki Pehli Nazar Kya Asar Kargaye
8. Mohd. Rafi: April Fool Bandaya