An even odder pairing, perhaps, and a radical change of pace. 'Shabab' is traditional and low-key; pretty much what I expect from Naushad. There's nothing on it that really sticks out. It's pleasant enough, and 'Jogan Ban Jaoongi' is kind of nice, but in total probably not a record I'll play a lot.
Laxmikant Pyarelal's 'Aap Beati' obviously has a more modern sound. But sans any of the stuff I generally look for in Bollywood soundtracks. A bit dull, to be honest.
Onwards to the good stuff...
Track listing, Shabab:
1. Mohd. Rafi & Lata Mangeshkar: Man Ki Been Matwari
2. Lata Mangeshkar: Jogan Ban Jaoongi
3. Lata Mangeshkar: Jo Main Janti Bisarat Hain Saiyan
4. Mohd. Rafi: Yehi Arman Lekar
Track listing, Aap Beati:
1. Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar & Usha Mangeshkar: Meri Dilruba
2. Kishore Kumar & Amit Kumar: Kismat Ki Baat Ka
3. Lata Mangeshkar: Zara Jaldi Jaldi Mila