There was a time, when Bollywood music was doing the rounds in the trendiest of western clubs, that any late 70s/early 80s Kalyanji Anandji soundtrack with the slightest hint of disco or funk inevitably would be hyped as 'ultimate killer masterpiece', or something similar to the same effect. A few times I fell for it. Like when I bought 'Laawaris'.
There's nothing out of the ordinary on this. Most of it is nondescript and dull. And 'Apni To Jaise Taise', the dancefloor selling point of the album, while benefitting from a stomping beat and some nice synth bits and as such isn't all bad, ultimately sounds too formulaic; too contrived - it just doesn't flow right.
I could have passed on this one.
1. Kishore Kumar: Jiska Koi Nahin
2. Asha Bhosle & Kishore Kumar: Kab Ke Bichhde Hue
3. Alka Yagnik: Mere Angne Men
4. Manna Dey: Jiska Koi Nahin
5. Amitabh Bachchan: Mere Angne Men
6. Kishore Kumar: Kahe Paise Pe
7. Kishore Kumar: Apni To Jaise Taise
8. Manna Dey: Jiska Koi Nahin (Sad)