I've mentioned earlier that Laxmikant Pyarelal scores from the early 70s (well, any era really) could go either way. A lot of them leave me cold, but here's one I like a lot. 'Man Mandir' has a full pot of good songs on offer, to pick and choose. Favourites? The lovely 'Ae Meri Ankhon Ke Pahle Sapne' (either version) and the the quirky 'Kahiye Ji Kya Loge'. But don't sleep on the rest; it's a soundtrack every bit as charming and colourful as its cover - all of it.
1. Lata Mangeshkar & Mukesh: Ae Meri Ankhon Ke Pahle Sapne (Sad)
2. Kishore Kumar & Lata Mangeshkar: Jadoogar Tere Naina
3. Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle: Aja Aja
4. Suman Kalyanpur: Munna Jayega Bazar
5. Asha Bhosle: Kahiye Ji Kya Loge
6. Lata Mangeshkar & Mukesh: Ae Meri Ankhon Ke Pahle Sapne (Happy)