One more before the weekend; another late-period Sachin Dev Burman. And it's wonderful. 'Yeh Kaisa Sur Mandir' (for perfectly defining Bollywood's sitar & strings formula), 'Jaa Jaa Jaa' (for the bossa-tinged rhythm and dramatic breaks), 'Pyase Do Badan' (for its sexy seductiveness) and 'Bye Bye Miss' (for being fun and poppy with Shankar Jaikishan tendencies) are my favourites here - but there are moments on every track on 'Prem Nagar' that are worth listening out for. Top stuff!
Was RD involved with this one?
1. Kishore Kumar: Yeh Lal Rang
2. Lata Mangeshkar: Yeh Kaisa Sur Mandir
3. Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle & Chorus: Yeh Thandi Havayen
4. Kishore Kumar & Lata Mangeshkar: Kis Ka Mahal Hai
5. Kishore Kumar: Jaa Jaa Jaa
6. Asha Bhosle: Pyase Do Badan
7. Kishore Kumar & Chorus: Bye Bye Miss