And while we're on the subject of mixed feelings... The arguably best track on 'Roti Kapada Aur Makaan' [review] has a great musical arrangement; dark, brooding, intensely dramatic; an ominous, booming piano and soaring strings. What spoils 'Aur Nahin Bus Aur Nahin' for me though, is the singing. Not a bad word about Mahendra Kapoor as such, but his voice here is way too predominant, too loud, all but drowning out the instrumental backing at times. Annoying, and a shame I think.
The other good song here (and the above is still a worthwhile listen) is Lata's 'Hai Hai Yeh Majboori', primarily for the infectious rhythm and nifty Hawaiian guitar lines interspersed between verses. A fun track.
1. Lata Mangeshkar, Mukesh & Chorus: Mein Na Bhoolun Ga - Part I
2. Lata Mangeshkar: Hai Hai Yeh Majboori
3. Mahendra Kapoor & Chorus: Aur Nahin Bus Aur Nahin
4. Lata Mangeshkar, Mukesh & Chorus: Mein Na Bhoolun Ga - Part III
5. Lata Mangeshkar, Mukesh, Chanchal, Jani Babu & Chorus: Mehangai Maar Gai
6. Lata Mangeshkar, Mukesh & Chorus: Mein Na Bhoolun Ga - Part II
7. Lata Mangeshkar: Panditji Mere Marne Ke Baad