Oh dear... one of those rare things (on this blog anyway), the second bland RD Burman score in a row. Marginally better than 'Biwi-O-Biwi', maybe, but sans any tracks that are able to hold my attention... a million miles from great. If memory serves, I bought 'Nauker' quite early on, under the assumption that anything Burman from 1979 would be good, by default. Not so.
The Pancham backlash starts here then? Hardly; most of the time he was genius. And the next post will be better, I promise.
1. Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle: Pallu Latke
2. Asha Bhosle: Aaya Na Karo
3. Kishore Kumar: Chandni Re Jhoom
4. Asha Bhosle, Mohd. Rafi & chorus: Dekheen Hazaron Mehfilen
5. Lata Mangeshkar: Chandni Re Jhoom
(PS. The MP3 for track 5 is incorrectly tagged; the artist singing is Lata, not Kishore. Duh. I trust you can re-tag it yourselves?)