The last of this 80s batch is by Ilaiyaraaja, whom I know very little about. I'd like to find out though, because if the two stand-out tracks on 'Sadma' are anything to go by, his stuff is something worth checking out. 'Yeh Hawa Yey Fiza' has a beautiful acoustic guitar and flute intro, followed by wordless vocals one could easily imagine Edda dell’Orso doing had this been an Italian soundtrack, before turning into a great piece of percussion-heavy orchestral funk. 'O Babuaa Yeh Mahua', one of my favourite 80s soundtrack songs, also begins Italian sounding (the harpischord I suppose), has an ingenious staccato yet smooth rhythm, sax solos, and a super cool melody. Magic! If I didn't already have this album, I'd be willing to shell out quite a bit for these two tracks alone.
BTW, the alternate spelling of Asha's last name is something I've seen on occasion, especially on movie credits - can anyone explain to me what that's about?
1. Suresh Wadkar: Aye Zindagi Gale Lagaa Le
2. Asha Bhonsle: O Babuaa Yeh Mahua
3. Yesudas: Surmayee Ankhiyon Mein (Happy)
4. Kamal Haasan & Sridevi: Ek Dafa Ek Jungle That
5. Asha Bhonsle, Suresh Wadkar & chorus: Yeh Hawa Yey Fiza
6. Yesudas: Surmayee Ankhiyon Mein