My first copy of this was one of the Bollywood LPs I paid most for, 40-50 bucks some years back from an eBayer who graded it EX, both disc and cover. What I got was a record sounding like an amplified bowl of fresh Rice Crispies, in 12" split seams. Fuck! So back on the hunt then, fully expecting to have to shell out a minor fortune for one that actually sounded good... then whaddya know, up turns a great looking copy for a tenner :-).
There's a lesson to be learned here.
Anyway, 'Yaadon Ki Baarat' [review], oooh, what a great album! Including: 'Lekar Ham Diwana Dil' (watch the video and tell me you don't want to see this film), so rockin' and bouncy it hurts. The title tune (first version), sugary yet charming as hell. 'Aap Ke Kamre Men', 12 minutes of mayhem which I can't even begin to describe; it takes you all over the place, so much wonderful lunacy going on! And last but definitely not least, the beautiful 'Chura Liya Hai Tum Ne', possibly my favourite Bollywood song ever.
A near perfect soundtrack!
1. Asha Bhosle & Kishore Kumar: Lekar Ham Diwana Dil
2. Kishore Kumar & R.D. Burman: Aap Ke Kamre Men
3. Asha Bhosle & Kishore Kumar: O Meri Soni
4. Lata Mangeshkar, Padmini, Shivangi & Chorus: Yaadon Ki Baarat
5. Asha Bholse & Mohd. Rafi: Chura Liya Hai Tum Ne
6. Kishore Kumar & Mohd. Rafi: Yaadon Ki Baarat