The one everybody wants, or did anyway. And while I personally think Burman has done better, 'Shalimar' is pretty good. A lot of you will have heard stuff from it before, on compilations or elsewhere, like the 'Title Music' and 'Baby Let's Dance Together'. Both great. So is 'One Two Cha Cha Cha' (sung by Usha Uthup aka Usha Iyer), funky and tacky at the same time with its steal from KC & The Sunshine Band's 'That's The Way I Like It'. Also included are a pair of Morricone-esque instrumentals and a rather nice Asha Bhosle song.
Incidently, this is the one Bollywood LP I have that's a recent (bootleg) reissue. I did mean to upgrade to an original Indian pressing with all the trimmings (super cool multifold sleeve; the reissue only has a basic doorfold - hence the split in the scan), but copies on eBay always ended up ridiculously high priced so I never bothered. Are they still expensive? I haven't checked in ages... Anyway, the sound seems a bit phased in places; not sure if that's just on mine or if it's always been like that. Still ok though.
1. Title Music
2. Usha Uthup & Chorus: One Two Cha Cha Cha
3. Kishore Kumar & Chorus: Hum Bewafa Hargiz Na Thay
4. Countess' Caper (Music)
5. Mohd. Rafi & Chorus: Naag Devta
6. Lata Mangeshkar: Aaina Wohi Rehta Hai
7. Kittu: Baby Let's Dance Together
8. Romantic Theme
9. Asha Bhosle: Mera Pyar Shalimar
10. Kishore Kumar & Chorus: Hum Bewafa Hargiz Na Thay (Happy)