More from the Shah brothers, going way back into time this time. And it's a real charmer, sounding sprightly, upbeat and fun. It contains none of the Western elements Kalyanji Anandji became famous for - it was one of their earliest efforts - so for some it'll be an acquired taste, as it was for me. But once you get into to it you'll find gold. Similar to that on 'Detective', which I - and I think a lot of you - enjoyed a while back.
Highlights? Take your pick. At the moment I'm really fond of the sweet 'Baje Payal Chhun Chhun', the lively 'Chhalia Mera Naam' and the 'Title Music'. But almost everything on 'Chhalia' [review] is ace, so do check the entire album out.
1. Lata Mangeshkar & Chorus: Baje Payal Chhun Chhun
2. Mukesh: Chhalia Mera Naam
3. Mukesh: Dum Dum Diga Diga
4. Lata Mangeshkar: Teri Rahon Mein Khade Hain
5. Mukesh & Lata Mangeshkar: Meri Jaan Kutch Bhi Kijiye
6. Mukesh: Mere Toote Hue Dil Se
7. Mohd. Rafi: Gali Gali Sita Roye
8. Title Music