More vintage excellence and another favourite amongst aficionados, scored (mainly) by Hemant Kumar, famous both as a singer and as a composer. As with 'Detective' (below), 'Nagin' is packed with wonderful, exotic sounding songs, most of them performed by Lata Mangeshkar. 'Sun Ri Sakhi', 'Mera Dil Yeh Pukare Aaja', 'Oonchi Oonchi Duniya Ki Diwaren'... great stuff!
The biggest highlight though is the snake charmer track 'Been Music', featuring a young Kalyanji on Clavioline (the very first use of a synth in a Hindi movie) and with a melody apparently composed not by Kumar but by Ravi (another acclaimed music director I've yet to post anything by - but I will). Trippy, haunting, and gliding seamlessly into the lovely 'Man Dole Mera Tan Dole'; it's a stunning double-bill.
1. Ravi & Kalyanji: Been Music/Lata Mangeshkar: Man Dole Mera Tan Dole
2. Hemant Kumar: Tere Dwar Khada Ek Jogi
3. Lata Mangeshkar: Sun Rasiya Man Basiya
4. Hemant Kumar, Asha Bhosle & Chorus: Yaad Rakha Pyar Ki Nishani
5. Lata Mangeshkar & Chorus: Sun Ri Sakhi
6. Lata Mangeshkar: Mera Dil Yeh Pukare Aaja
7. Lata Mangeshkar: Jadugar Saiyan
8. Lata Mangeshkar & Hemant Kumar: Ari Chhod De Patang
9. Lata Mangeshkar: Mera Badli Men Chhup Gaya Chand
10. Hemant Kumar & Chorus: O Zindagi Ke Denewale
11. Lata Mangeshkar: Teri Yaad Men Jalkar Dekh Liya/Oonchi Oonchi Duniya Ki Diwaren