Not really what I had expected. With its cool mod-tinged cover art, I had imagined 'Do Raaste' would contain a bit of jazz or Hindi rock 'n' roll à la Burman or something... but it doesn't. Oh, there are some minor traces on the title track, and even a nice psychedelic intro on 'Yeh Reshmi Zulfen'... other than that though, everything here sounds very traditional. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just not really for me. Not this album anyway. But have a listen for yourself.
It's composed by duo Laxmikant Shantaram Kudalkar and Pyarelal Ramprasad Sharma, makers of many a fine score... and an equal number of not so fine. Approach with a bit of caution when it comes to them I reckon.
1. Lata Mangeshkar: Bindiya Chamke Gi
2. Mohd. Rafi: Yeh Reshmi Zulfen
3. Mukesh: Do Raaste
4. Kishore Kumar: Mere Naseeb Men Ae Dost
5. Lata Mangeshkar & Mohd. Rafi: Dil Ne Dil Ko Pukara
6. Lata Mangeshkar: Apni Apni Biwi
7. Title Music