A Laxmikant Pyarelal score from 1974 (in addition to 1973, their best year I think) sporting a wonderfully cool cover; I couldn't resist picking this one up. 'Naatak' may not be quite on par with some of their best efforts from the period, but a few songs on the album strike my fancy. 'Zindagi Ek Naatak Hai' (I'm partial to the sad version) is packed with passion and drama, with an enticing intro, a stirring melody, and several nice little interludes. And is it just me, or are Bollywood songs sung by drunk leading ladies always good? 'Sabse Buri Sharab Hai' is a sexy and evocative, boozy, bluesy gem.
1. Asha Bhosle: Zindagi Ek Naatak Hai (Happy)
2. Asha Bhosle: Zindagi Ek Naatak Hai (Sad)
3. Asha Bhosle: Main Kaisi Lagti Hoon
4. Mohd. Rafi: Sagar Nahin Hai To Kya Hain
5. Lata Mangeshkar: Jo Main Chehre Se
6. Lata Mangeshkar: Sabse Buri Sharab Hai