A trio of soundtracks from the mid-80s coming up, beginning with the most recent R.D. Burman album I own. Apparently 'Saagar' is considered something of a classic... I wouldn't go that far. It contains a few half decent tracks along with at least one that makes me cringe a bit... but what does makes it worthwhile is the wonderful, seductively sexy (check the video for visual proof) 'Jaane Do Naa'. That, and the cover image of beautiful Dimple Kapadia.
I don't actually have many Hindi records made after 1980, as I find most of them lack the imagination and verve present on so many from the previous decade-and-a-half. Even people like Burman and Kalyanji Anandji kind of lost it I think... but maybe that's just me... I'll let the floor decide. There are exceptions though, naturally, as you'll see shortly.
1. Asha Bhosle & S.P. Balasubrahmanyam: O Maria
2. Kishore Kumar & Lata Mangeshkar: Saagar Kinare
3. S.P. Balasubrahmanyam: Sach Mere Yaar Hai
4. Kishore Kumar: Sagar Jaisi Aankhonwali
5. Asha Bhosle & Shailendra Singh: Jaane Do Naa
6. Kishore Kumar & S.P. Balasubrahmanyam: Yunhi Gate Raho
7. Lata Mangeshkar: Saagar Kinare